[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

George george at queair.net
Sun Dec 4 18:45:10 UTC 2016

On 12/04/16 13:39, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> On 04.12.16 17:54, Rana wrote:
>
>> In short, if Tor Project does not want relays with dynamic IP, it
>> should say so and I would stop wasting my time.
>
> What's with the entitlement issues? You are free to contribute to the
> Tor project, but if you don't have the programming skills or the wish
> to do so, at least don't complain about other peoples' work in such a
> hostile manner. Nobody here owes you anything.

Woah.  I think this discussion got a little out-of-hand quickly.

Rana's point about the desirability of dynamic IPs is certainly
of-interest to a wide array of people. Raising it is a worthwhile
question or contribution in my humble opinion.

The point is worth a discussion and feedback. Not everyone running a
relay should be technically required to submit a diff when raising a
point. There are certainly software projects that are quick to reply
with that.... (ahem).

A more productive direction might be pointing point
https://trac.torproject.org/.

It's worth noting that replying to what is likely a common thought among
a lot of relay operators, you are not only replying to Rana, but to
hosts of people who stumble upon this thread from the archives.

5F77 765E 40D6 5340 A0F5 3401 4997 FF11 A86F 44E2