[tor-relays] Call for Tor Fallback Directories

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 11:18:03 UTC 2016

> On 4 Dec. 2016, at 22:06, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4 December 2016 at 10:44, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Tor Relay Operator,
>>
>> Your relay(s) can help tor clients find the tor network by becoming a
>> fallback directory mirror.[0]
>>
>> These mirrors are hard-coded into tor's source code, like the directory
>> authorities. We have 80 fallbacks, but we want 200 for the next release.
>>
>> Fallbacks need to have:
>> - - the same IP address(es) and ports for the next 2 years,
>> - - the same relay identity key for the next 2 years,
>> - - good uptime (at least 95%), and
>> - - good bandwidth and network connectivity
>>  (we estimate an extra 25GB per month).
>>
>> Please email me to add your relays that fit these criteria to the list.
>
> Hi,
> I believe I already have 3 relays in the list but have added some more since
>
> This one probably qualifies
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/9C900A7F6F5DD034CFFD192DAEC9CCAA813DB022

Thanks!

It needs a DirPort, let me know if you want to add one and I'll put it
on the list. (It will need to keep the DirPort for 6 months, so the
earliest it would get in is 0.3.0 or 0.3.1.)

> Others may too young to trust the hosting with future uptime
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/A0E3D30A660DB70CA0B6D081BA54D094DED6F28D
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/674DCBB0D9C1C4C4DBFB4A9AE024AF59FE4E7F46

Let me know when they've been around long enough, and I'll add them.
(The first one will need a DirPort, why not add it now?)

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org