[tor-relays] network diversity with freeBSD

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Thu Dec 1 23:46:35 UTC 2016

Am 02.12.2016 um 00:32 schrieb George:
> On 12/01/16 18:25, pa011 wrote:
>>

>> Am 02.12.2016 um 00:19 schrieb diffusae:
>>> Hi!

>>> Yes, that normally should solve your problem.
>>>
>>> I've recognized that the dependencies are on Tor v0.2.8.9.
>>> You can't install it with security/tor-devel?
>>>
>> After an update I got - Tor 0.2.9.4-alpha (git-8b0755c9bb296ae2)
>>
>> So you say I should better install tor instead of tor-devel?
>
> What did you update?  I'm confused... were you running tor-0.2.8.9
> (stable in security/tor) and upgraded via pkg(8) and got tor-0.2.9.4
> which is security/tor-devel?
>
> I tend to recommend security/tor-devel over security/tor, unless you
> can't regularly keep the package updated.  The alpha/devel branch will
> generally include the latest security fixes and counter-measures to
> surveillance.
>
> And on a side note, OpenBSD is likely removing lsof from their ports
> tree (see ports@ from today), which is a dependency for the arm port,
> but will have it use fstat(1) instead IIRC.

I started with tor-devel: 0.2.7.6
did sudo pkg update && sudo pkg upgrade -y
and ended so at 0.2.9.4.a

But "sudo pkg install security/arm" now made:

	py27-arm: 1.4.5.0_1
	python27: 2.7.12
	libffi: 3.2.1
	py27-setuptools27: 23.1.0
	tor: 0.2.8.9

Tor can be started now when putting #Log notice file /var/log/tor/log

Starting arm by just "arm" brings up "/usr/local/bin/arm: python: not found"

Rgds Paul