[tor-relays] Closing a relay, to move/upgrade, identity question ?

Petrusko petrusko at riseup.net
Mon Aug 29 11:48:37 UTC 2016

Hey,

Planning to close, then re-build a relay. (1st time I'm testing it on
the whole system!)
Some useful informations here about :
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#UpgradeOrMove
I think it's useful to stay on the same "identity"...
But if the new torrc will use others TCP ports, will it be a mess ?

No problem for me if this (new) relay will not have the same identity
has before. But it will be nice to retore Atlas old graphs ;)

If I'm paranoiac, and if this current relay has been corrupted, I think
it's better to start a clean identity without the old keys ?

Thx for your lights ;)

--
Petrusko
PubKey EBE23AE5