[tor-relays] halp #2

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Wed Aug 24 04:28:00 UTC 2016

Markus Koch:
> I just complied TOR (hurray!) on a NON-ROOT server.
TOR -> Tor (tor here, I guess).

> 1. Issue: I cant find the torrc file. I found out that the rest of the
> stuff is in ~./tor but no torrc at all. Where is it/should I put it?
There is no torrc installed. You can create it wherever you want and
pass the path to it via '-f' option to tor:

$ ./src/or/tor -f /home/bunny/lol-torrc

On most of the systems it can be found at /etc/tor/torrc.

> 2. Issue: I only need the complied TOR executable and I can safely
> delete all the other stuff?

Yes, 'tor' binary should be enough. You can keep default torrc if you want.

--
Ivan Markin