[tor-relays] HALP!

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Aug 23 22:22:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 10:53:04PM +0200, Markus Koch wrote:
> > Do the log files give you any hints?
>
> I copied all the stuff, checked it and deleted the old vps. So I only see the new logfiles and they are fine, tor finds everything but with a different fingerprint. If the config would be in a different dir on the old vps, how comes that there are config files in both dirs?

Well, a different fingerprint means a different identity key. Maybe
you didn't copy the identity key over correctly?

I notice your old one was Tor version 0.2.7.6 and your new one is Tor
0.2.8.6. So maybe it is a newer Debian, or maybe the timing is just
coincidence.

I also notice that your new Tor relay didn't start out with any
past estimated bandwidth. That makes me think your state file didn't
get transferred either. (These are all the BWHistory* lines.)

So I think your torrc did transfer correctly, but not your datadirectory.

--Roger