[tor-relays] relay on a vps not exclusively used for tor?

jensm1 jensm1 at bbjh.de
Mon Aug 22 11:04:32 UTC 2016

Thanks for all the replies!

It's actually a good advice, not to run backup and tor on the same
server, in case it gets seized or the ISP kills it.
Also, the small monetary savings aren't really worth the increased
attack surface for both, the tor relay and the other services.

I therefore won't be running a relay on that VPS, but I will check if my
funds will allow me (student, so money is always a bit tight) to spin up
a second VPS just for tor.

Thanks again for all your advice and help!

---