[tor-relays] #torstrike

krishna e bera keb at cyblings.on.ca
Mon Aug 22 03:14:59 UTC 2016

On 21/08/16 10:02 PM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Fact: Jacob Applebaum's directory authority was a target of NSA's
> XKEYSCORE:
> https://contraspin.co.nz/the-weaponising-of-social-part-3-the-resurrection-of-ioerror/

Of course, perhaps they all are.

> Fact: Jacob Applebaum got kicked from Tor Inc, prior to a proper
> investigation.

Any organization would do the same with similar allegations.  If he was
exonerated, he could rejoin afterwards.

> Fact: The investigation done by Tor Inc, was run by the primary accusers
> of Jacob Applebaum.

Evidence?

> In the USA's war against Bradley Manning, Julian Assange, Wikileaks and
> Edward Snowden, Jacob Applebaum was a very high target, and caused the
> three letter agencies a lot of problems.
>
> So yes, operation of the network you use for -genuine- privacy needs, is
> very much dependent on those running the organisation.
>

> Fact: The ENTIRE board of Tor Inc got replaced after Jacob was given the
> boot!
>
> My conclusion: This was a coup, blunt and bloody, take no prisoners,
> respect no righteousness.

Overdramatic.  Where's the blood?  Who was behind the coup, and what
hard evidence do you have?  Are you looking for #torstrike to prompt
leaks of such info?

Makes more sense for the Board to be distinct from the day to day
operations people anyway.

> My conclusion: The operation of the Tor directory authorities can no
> longer be trusted.

Perhaps it never could be.  Are you ready to run one?

> My conclusion: The deployment of TBB by Tor Inc can no longer be
> trusted.

Fork it.