[tor-relays] #torstrike

Ass Pirate asspirate at bootybay.club
Mon Aug 22 02:22:19 UTC 2016

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 19:53:26 -0600
Marcel Krzystek <m.krzystek at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​What are the thoughts of relay operators on this?
> https://ghostbin.com/paste/kmnzz
>
> I can be persuaded otherwise, and perhaps i'm being naive, but i
> believe that operation of the network should remain independent from
> the politics within the organization.
>
> mk ​

Mostly it just makes me question who's behind it. It definitely
expresses very real concerns, but I don't see how this would possibly
accomplish what they've set out to do, while at the same time making
everybody that depends on tor vulnerable. It's not why I run a relay
and it's not why Jake worked on tor. The only thing I see this
accomplishing is further weakening the network. My relay will stay up.
Others I know have considered spinning up a vps or ten for the day.

Ass Pirate