[tor-relays] Guard Flag without stable Flag

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Aug 17 23:36:07 UTC 2016

tmbates12 <tmbates12 at gmail.com> writes:

> [ text/plain ]
> My relatively new Tor relay has somehow managed to get a Guard flag without
> having the Stable flag, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen though..?
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/ABF5C38A93F2D7E77A226871AB0ADB052279B48F
> [ text/plain ]

I think this is OK.

The patch that required Stable flag for Guard flag only got merged recently:
    https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/ABF5C38A93F2D7E77A226871AB0ADB052279B48F
I'm not sure how many dirauths run a Tor version with that patch.

Looking at consensus-health it seems like only two dirauths vote for you as
guard, so you don't get the flag anymore. Search for your relay name at:
    https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health.html