[tor-relays] Problems with isp's onestrike policy

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:30:05 UTC 2016

> On 18 Aug 2016, at 08:23, majacobs <tor at tent.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

>>> Cut off three times because of worm spread alert. I ran an exit node for just a couple of weeks. First came in while i was away on holiday . Could not connect to my vpn but noticed that one of my consumer routers send a reboot message around the first day of my vacation and didn't think about it again , that is till I got home and really started to run the node . Node 0d0a was running fine and well when the net was cut of for a second time  just a few days before the third and last time. I contacted support , sought advice I was told to better run a relay.
>>> No way! I thought!
>>> To cut a story short, I know run in bridged mode (obsfs4proxy) but I am looking for solutions as to  how  Tor can help not seeing exit-nodes coming and going because of worm spreading?

Tor doesn't discriminate based on traffic, so this is a hard problem.

Over the long term, encourage destinations (or server providers) to block particular problematic traffic, rather than entire IP addresses or servers.

Over the short term, block the ports that the worm uses to spread.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n