[tor-relays] Web server and TOR bridge at same IP:port

simon komsat at kalidasa.klamath.ch
Wed Aug 17 08:12:12 UTC 2016

On 16.08.2016 14:26, Alen Hiew wrote:
> Is it possible to configure on own physical server a https Web server
> (for ex., Apache) at port 443 and obfs4 or meek bridge at same static
> global IP address and same port 443?

I've set up something like this for normal tor node (not obfs), see
nginx site config details here:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/9rnw9

The important thing is that you have a different advertise port (80 in
my case) and listen port (9080) configured in your tor settings; and
that your website can only be reached by domain name, not by typing in
the IP address directly into the browser, but this shouldn't be a
problem normally.

Note that in my case it is for dirPort and an exit node, not a bridge,
so you probably have to tweak the settings. But the differentiation
based on whether a dns hostname is requested (open website in browser)
or not (Tor traffic) is working.