[tor-relays] High speed Tor relay advice

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Aug 14 16:57:45 UTC 2016

Hello,

In this case I suggest you run two separate Tor instances on the same IP
address (it is the maximum allowed). When I say 2 Tor instances I mean 2
separate data directories with separate identities.

If it's a VPS it's already a VM. It does not make sense to create a vm
inside a vm. You can use linux containers or FreeBSD jails if you are on
FreeBSD which work fine in virtual machines, one for each Tor instance.

P.S. If you can, make them exit relays if they're not already. It's not
that much of a hassle, if the provider is mentally sane and just
forwards you the abuse complaints with request to reply within 24 hours.
Most of them are automated emails which do not require replies, and the
rare ones which require reply are from people who just don't know what
Tor is, just explain and they will understand.