[tor-relays] High speed Tor relay advice

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Aug 14 14:27:19 UTC 2016

Hey,

That's neat! Thanks for contributing.

How many CPU's / CPU cores does this new server have and does it use
AES-NI? How much RAM? Does it have multiple public IP addresses?

Currently it's complicated for a single Tor process to saturate a 10Gb/s
line, because it's not yet able to use all CPU cores.

What I would do if I had multiple public IP addresses: make 4-5 virtual
machines, with 1 CPU core each and reasonable RAM (say 8GB per virtual
machine) and run 4-5 different relays that would all combined come close
to saturate the 10Gb/s link.