[tor-relays] Out of memory: Kill process (tor)

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:11:01 UTC 2016

Last night I received my first abuse complaint on DigitalOcean. When I
logged in, I saw Tor was no longer running because the system ran out of
memory.

Is it possible the system ran out of memory because of the abuse? My relay
has 512MB of RAM running Tor and Unbound, and it's been running fine all
month. How can I prevent this memory issue from happening in the future?

Thanks

--
Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether