[tor-relays] Exit relay funding

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Aug 4 05:13:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 03:29:01PM +0200, tor at as250.net wrote:
> Absolutely. Most of the infrastructure we provide on that basis and it
> is ok! The reason for running that exit node was that we believed it
> would contribute towards a positive impact in many peoples lives.

Thanks for contributing while you did!

I'm remembering way back when I would mail all the people running relays
to see if they needed anything. Then there was the phase where we got
some funding for Moritz to do relay operator advocacy and coordination:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/turning-funding-more-exit-relays
and that push also led to some cool sites like
https://compass.torproject.org/

Among all the things that we need to do next, I think getting a relay
advocate / coordinator in place would sure be useful. I think there are
so many things that we need, though, that it's going to be a while yet
before we get such a person in place.

In the mean time, hang tight everybody, and let's continue to have a
community who helps each other, and thanks all for your contributions.

--Roger