[tor-relays] Announcing a shutdown of a relay

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:11:26 UTC 2016

> On 28 Apr 2016, at 20:09, Petrusko <petrusko at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> I already saw Atlas auto-refreshing... and not showing a relay down
> after some days.
> And when the relay was back (same IP, ORPort....), old graphs were back.

Tor clients use a consensus published hourly by the directory authorities.
Relays which aren't running are excluded from the consensus.
Clients don't choose them any more.

Atlas shows a historical view of relays that have been down.
Look in the "Current Status" column to see if the relay is running.

Tim