[tor-relays] Slow bandwidth, bridge + obfsproxy project (+Socks for LAN?)

Petrusko petrusko at riseup.net
Mon Apr 25 09:45:44 UTC 2016

Hey all,

1. Coming here to learn some quick lessons about bridges+obfsproxy.
I'm thinking about that when I see some slow upload bandwidth speed like
at home for example. Running a relay will be a bottleneck... so a bridge
will be more useful... (less than 1Mbits/s upload :s )

2. If computers running bridges are not 24/24 powered, will it be useful
for people ?
When I see the "lifecycle of a relay" article, I can understand a relay
will be useful if it's always available, but what about a bridge ?
(office hours for example)

3. Will this bridge+obfsproxy can be useful for the LAN computers, with
Socks for example for LAN connections, to redirect traffic to Tor ?
Those services can run together on the same instance ?
ex on the doc:
SocksPort 4000 #example for the LAN connection (default = 0)
ORPort auto
BridgeRelay 1
Exitpolicy reject *:*

4. I'm confused, the "bridge" is acting like a relay ? (like a router on
a network, 50% upload / 50% download...?). Or like a hidden door to
contact the Tor network, and the client will only use relays after
without the bridge ?
(I don't want this server to be a bottleneck...!)

Many thx for your help and your thoughts about this little contribution!

--
Petrusko
PubKey EBE23AE5