[tor-relays] Reading check.torproject

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 23:07:13 UTC 2016

On 4/18/16, eliaz <eliaz at riseup.net> wrote:
> Tim Wilson-Brown - teor:
>> It's normal for tor to change exits occasionally.
>> Do you know which exit your tor client was actually using during that
>> time?
>> If so, report it to bad-relays at lists.torproject.org
>
> Rats, I neglected to save the port scan log. Next time this happens I'll
> report as you suggested - eliaz

We frequently see users that have no idea what exit was in use
for any particular connection or time. Especially when using apps
other than TBB. And for many non real time / historical uses.

You'll want to read and comment on the following simple
solution to 'What exit was I using?' that works with all apps,
has builtin history buffer, can be watched in realtime, and
can be piped out to logfile.

# Combine setevents circ and stream