[tor-relays] Reading check.torproject

eliaz eliaz at riseup.net
Mon Apr 18 04:14:33 UTC 2016

In looking at the check.torproject.org page on the browser/machine that
runs my bridge, I'm used to seeing the same IP address a.b.c.d on the
check page ("Your IP address appears to be: a.b.c.d") as in the exit on
the path drop-down. But today for several hours a.b.c.d showed on the
drop-down but a different address w.x.y.z appeared on the page. Opening
up atlas gave a "no results" error until I entered a.b.c.d manually; and
w.x.y.z was no tor node; it turned out to belong to a VPN provider which
was also poking my ports. Is this discrepancy normal? Should be worried
about it? - eliaz