[tor-relays] Opt-In Trial: Fallback Directory Mirrors

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:59:41 UTC 2016

> On 18 Dec 2015, at 23:12, hwertiout695 at Safe-mail.net wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
>> TL;DR: Stable non-exit relays can help tor clients use the Tor
>> network. Please opt-in!
>
> My relay is on the list and I want to opt in!
>
> eriador 6DE61A6F72C1E5418A66BFED80DFB63E4C77668F

Dear hwertiout695,

It looks like your relay's IP address recently changed from 85.25.138.93 to 91.121.84.137.
This is OK, we expected some fallback churn, which is why we have 100 in the list.

Changing a fallback's IP address has two impacts:
* Clients on 0.2.8-alpha will look for your relay as a fallback directory on the old IP address,
* In 0.2.8-rc, your relay was excluded as a fallback because the IP address had changed.

Will you be keeping the new IP address for the next 2 years?
If so, I'll update the fallback list with the new IP address, and your relay will be considered as a fallback when we next rebuild the list.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com