[tor-relays] Opt-In Trial: Fallback Directory Mirrors

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:06:25 UTC 2016

> On 18 Dec 2015, at 04:09, 12xBTM <12xbtm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> I'm not on the list and wish to opt-in (for future releases I suppose).
>
> My relay, 00C4B4731658D3B4987132A3F77100CFCB190D97 , does not fit the
> criteria because it's an exit node, but my exit node does not experience
> high load, and averages out at about ~60% capacity by bandwidth and <50%
> by processing, so I'm interested in contributing as much as I can.

Hi 12xBTM,

It looks like your relay's key recently changed from 00C4B4731658D3B4987132A3F77100CFCB190D97 to CFECDDCA990E3EF7B7EC958B22441386B6B8D820.

We expected some fallback churn, which is why we have 100 in the list.

Changing a fallback's key has two impacts:
* Clients on 0.2.8-alpha will expect the old key, and refuse to connect to your relay as a fallback directory,
* In 0.2.8-rc, your relay was excluded as a fallback because the key had changed.

Will you be keeping the new key for the next 2 years?
If so, I'll update the fallback list with the new key, and your relay will be considered as a fallback when we next rebuild the list.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B