[tor-relays] Hiding or masking running tor process..

k0nsl i.am at k0nsl.org
Fri Apr 15 07:58:49 UTC 2016

David,

I'm assuming he wants to hide the process due to provider killing the
tor process. There are hosts whom are using incredibly lame methods for
detecting the tor process —  so simply renaming it can often bypass.

At any rate, if my assumption is correct, well, I don't suggest engaging
in that practice. It's better to find a host which allows one to operate
tor.

Best wishes,

-k0nsl