[tor-relays] NPR story: When A Dark Web Volunteer Gets Raided By The Police

Virgil Griffith i at virgil.gr
Sat Apr 9 16:36:26 UTC 2016

> Besides, as I said, the FBI, just like any ISIS affiliate, can put
> up all the exit nodes it likes, so it would be a waste of time for
> them to bug other exits. A blacklist of these supposedly bugged
> exits would be ridiculously useless for its incompleteness. It
> wouldn't do any harm either, so go ahead, but that's certainly not
> something Tor's security should rely upon.

I personally I agree with you Marco.

However, some people's interest in Tor is less about security or
anonymity, but chiefly as an avenue by which they can establish
alternatives to as well as challenge various established
power-structures.  Cohabitating with representatives of said
power-structures, even when it doesn't actually affect the security
model, makes them uneasy.  Although groups within the Tor community
may have slightly different long-term goals, it is in our collective
interest to get along.

-V