[tor-relays] Relays by AS Names

ng0 ng0 at libertad.pw
Fri Apr 8 17:13:17 UTC 2016

Tristan <supersluether at gmail.com> writes:

> I think https://compass.torproject.org has all the info I need. After
> grouping by AS name for the United States, I decided to go with Hostwinds.
> They say 100Mbps unmetered for $7.50 a month, but the management page says
> 10TB per month.

Sometimes countries definitions of "unmetered" are like that.
See the descriptive texts of ISPs who provide virtual machines or
even dedicated servers for you.
In iceland most if not all iceland based (legal entity in
iceland, not just the servers) ISPs somehow depend on advania
datacenter, and for advania in the retail, non-customized sale of
their VMs and dedicated servers are very low in monthly traffic
compared to the fair-use policy of the non-profit ISP I am at
currently.

> Fun fact, US has quite a lot of exit relays, but France holds the highest
> consensus weight.

Another interesting fact - the person does not share these
analysis of course, or at least it's hard to get in touch
currently - is that in Netherlands a very large number of relays
is run by government agencies.

--
ng0