[tor-relays] Relays with broken DirPorts

tor-contact at posteo.de tor-contact at posteo.de
Fri Apr 1 23:44:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm the operator of one of the mentioned relays (81.7.14.227).  Thanks,
Tim, for pointing this issue out to me. I'll try to help with this as
much as I can.

So far, I have not been able to reproduce this issue. With the python
script from #18688, I am getting results of approx. 0.20s.

On 01.04.2016 19:11, starlight.2016q1 at binnacle.cx wrote:
> These relays all appear at least somewhat overrated by BWauths and are
> not rate-limiting with BandwidthRate.

My server has a 100 Mbit/s interface and the options
'RelayBandwidthRate' and 'RelayBandwidthBurst' are set to 40 Mbit/s.
I've reduced it to 30 Mbit/s for the time being.

> DirPort performance is bad due to a saturated physical link or 'tc'
> bandwidth limit, so TCP congestion back-off kicks in.

I will try to do some testing next week, to see how fast/stable my
network connection actually is.