[tor-relays] Relays with broken DirPorts

starlight.2016q1 at binnacle.cx starlight.2016q1 at binnacle.cx
Fri Apr 1 17:11:23 UTC 2016

These relays all appear at least somewhat overrated by BWauths and are not rate-limiting with BandwidthRate.

DirPort performance is bad due to a saturated physical link or 'tc' bandwidth limit, so TCP congestion back-off kicks in.

If BandwidthRate were the limiting factor DirPort would return a 503 (busy) error.

Reason for the overrating is a serious bug in Torflow resulting in relays going unmeasured for extended periods, possibly more than 30 days at which time a BWauth will cease listing an affected relay.

I'm planning to work on fixing this, but have not had the time and presently don't see getting to it before early summer.