[tor-relays] Fwd: WG: Tor is starting without the -f /etc/tor/torrc option

brightsidedarkside at t-online.de brightsidedarkside at t-online.de
Mon Sep 21 21:33:06 UTC 2015

Yeah, you're right. If we ever meet not knowing we're us, imagine the
guy looking like an eremite hippie would just really invite you to his
favourite coffee shop. ;-)

	-----Original-Nachricht-----

	Betreff: Re: [tor-relays] Fwd: WG: Tor is starting without the -f
/etc/tor/torrc option

	Datum: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 23:27:28 +0200

	Von: Tor Stuff <tor.geheimschreiber at gmail.com>

	An: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

	       Hi Christian

 I think you lost that cup of coffee! I did a bit more research since
my posting and found the info I needed by doing 'man tor' on my Ubuntu
14.04.3 system.

The tor man page says that tor looks for /etc/tor/torrc by default, or
$HOME/.torrc if that file is not found. I only have an /etc/tor/torrc
file and I am satisfied that it is being read correctly by tor.

The ARM_WARN message of which I originally complained is an arm
problem, not a tor one, it seems.

 Thanks to all those who replied.

 Cheers

 On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Christian