[tor-relays] Fwd: WG: Tor is starting without the -f /etc/tor/torrc option

Tor Stuff tor.geheimschreiber at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:27:01 UTC 2015

Hi Christian

I think you lost that cup of coffee! I did a bit more research since my
posting and found the info I needed by doing 'man tor' on my Ubuntu 14.04.3
system.

The tor man page says that tor looks for /etc/tor/torrc by default, or
$HOME/.torrc if that file is not found. I only have an /etc/tor/torrc file
and I am satisfied that it is being read correctly by tor.

The ARM_WARN message of which I originally complained is an arm problem,
not a tor one, it seems.

Thanks to all those who replied.

Cheers