[tor-relays] Non-standard Bridge

brightsidedarkside at t-online.de brightsidedarkside at t-online.de
Mon Sep 21 21:21:44 UTC 2015

Sorry, here's the link.

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TransparentProxy

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: [tor-relays] Non-standard Bridge
Datum: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:53:54 +0200
Von: Geoff Down <geoffdown at fastmail.net>
An: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015, at 06:59 PM, Steve Snyder wrote:
> You've set 2 port numbers, 9001 and 80, to listen on.  Pick one or the
> other.
 One is the internal port on which Tor listens, the other is the one
 advertised to the outside world. The router forwards one to the other -
 this works fine for normal relays, is there any reason for it not to
 work for a Bridge?

> Also, set "SocksPort 0".

 That would stop Tor handling local connections from applications. Is
 running a Bridge incompatible with local clent traffic? I couldn't find
 anything to that effect in the docs.

I did get a 'Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the
outside' message eventually - there was just a 12 minute wait between
'Bootstrapped 100%' and 'Guessed our IP address as', the reachability
test followed immediately after.

http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service