[tor-relays] Why are Globe/Atlas not showing my upgraded (& advertised) bandwidth

Tor Stuff tor.geheimschreiber at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 04:36:33 UTC 2015

It is now more 7 hours since I restarted my Middle Relay after the upgrade
to my broadband to FTTC which by various tests is consistently showing more
than 75/20 Mbits/s speeds now.

I edited my torrc file and set RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst
to 2.5 MBytes to reflect my new fast connection. The Tor log shows that
both the DirPort and ORPort are reachable from the outside since the
restart.

Arm is correctly showing my bandwidth (limit & burst) as 20 Mb/s.

However both Globe and Atlas are showing an Advertised Bandwidth which is
less than my previous RelayBandwidthRate and RelayBandwidthBurst settings
of 100 KBytes and 110 KBytes respectively!

I have been running this node (nickname 'Geheimschreiber') with fingerprint
C69D24F9353E16D85E82B4A9E4571DFAF6DCF531 for many months so expected
Atlas/Globe to pickup my changed capabilities fairly quickly.

Am I being too impatient or have I omitted something in my Tor
configuration?

Thanks