[tor-relays] connections question

Gumby TORZone info at gumbyzee.torzone.net
Fri Sep 18 17:07:26 UTC 2015

I recently had some spare time, so sat looking at the list of connections in arm
just for S&G. Most of the connections have fingerprints - but there are always a
few "unknown".
I run 3 relays on 2 different providers, one of them online over a year, and
list my family in torrc. Yet, several "unknowns" with the same IP  were on ALL
my relays at the same time, many with 2 connections on each. Then there were
unknowns with sequential IP addresses - and almost all the unknowns were out of
France.
Who exactly IS an "UNKNOWN", and why would they be connecting to all my relays
in multiples at the same time? Big Brother surveillance?

Daniel