[tor-relays] Calling for more Exit Relays

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 05:09:35 UTC 2015

> On 3 Sep 2015, at 14:55, tor-server-creator at use.startmail.com wrote:
>
> hi,
> what do you think about high restricted exits?
> i thought about solely accept some single ips.

In order to be assigned the Exit flag, a relay needs to exit to at least a IPv4 /8 netblock, on at least two ports from 80, 443, and 6667.

Clients are also unlikely to use your relay as an Exit unless it has the Exit flag. (Clients preemptively build circuits to general-purpose exits, and use those circuits when they need to make an Exit connection.)