[tor-relays] Faravahar messing with my IP address

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sat Oct 24 00:09:00 UTC 2015

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not the first time we see this, and it did
happen before Faravahar IP address change and before it was
experiencing very high latency (
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/17338 ).

See:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/16205#comment:3
 ~5 months ago

Maybe the bogus discovery of IP address change explains this also:

There is obviously something strange going on. In addition to what
teor said, the operator should also find out exactly what kind of
anti-DoS protection system is used in that datacenter. Maybe something
upstream feels attacked when Faravahar is receiving a lot of incoming
connections and behaves in a way that is incompatible with Tor.