[tor-relays] Tor node break-in attempts

Josef Stautner hello at veloc1ty.de
Thu Oct 22 19:29:06 UTC 2015

Hi LB,

SSH attacks happen 24/7 and are just stupid brute force mostly without
any reason.
You already setted up key auth and hopefully disabled password auth.

You can block brute force by setting up a log watcher like fail2ban.
That application follows the auth.log file on your server and adds an
iptables rules to drop the traffic from the attacker.

~Josef