[tor-relays] Exit Node with Onion Pi

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:36:06 UTC 2015

> On 8 Oct 2015, at 23:50, Alex Haesche <cayden_109 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> The common theme seems to be "don't do it." This is a little disappointing because I want to contribute somehow.

I’d say: "do it, but be aware of the likely range of outcomes”:
* home relays may attract police attendance in certain jurisdictions
* small devices may not be able to transfer traffic at 100Mbps

> Would you guys suggest running a bridge/relay instead, or just not helping out in terms of bandwidth contribution?

If your greatest concern is the police, run a bridge or non-exit relay; or run it out of a data centre; or explain Tor to them in advance.
If your greatest concern is saturating your link, try it with the device you have, then upgrade if necessary.

If neither is a concern, go for it!

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F