[tor-relays] Obfsproxy OSX help

Geoff Down geoffdown at fastmail.net
Wed Oct 7 15:51:47 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015, at 03:51 AM, Tim Wilson-Brown - teor wrote:

> > On 22 Sep 2015, at 12:00, Geoff Down <geoffdown at fastmail.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tim

> >> Have you tried looking in
> >> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
> >> , or the $PYTHONPATH used by your package manager / python install?
> >
> > I wouldn't have known about (and still don't) $PYTHONPATH - I don't use
> > Python for anything else, it's just a black box to me.
> > I did find obfsproxy at
> > /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/obfsproxy
> > eventually (I was expecting something larger than 401 bytes) and have
> > made a symlink from /usr/bin/ to ease access.
> > Now that I can run it, will it be ok running as the same user as my
> > (unpriviliged) Tor process?
>
> Yes, they will run as the same user.
>
> > I assume the
> > ServerTransportPlugin obfs3 exec /usr/local/bin/obfsproxy managed
> > line in the torrc will result in obfsproxy running as a child process?
>
> Yes, this is why they run as the same user.
>
> Tim

I have Python crash events in
/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Python.crash.log , but the original process
is still running. I can connect to the obfsproxy port, but is there any
other way to check it is still functioning? Will a SIGHUP to the Tor
process restart it, or do I need to kill the old obfsproxy process
first?
Thanks again
GD

--