[tor-relays] excessive bandwidth assigned bandwidth-limited exit relay

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Oct 1 17:12:55 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 06:28 PM, Dhalgren Tor wrote:
> This relay appears to have the same problem:
> sofia
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/7BB160A8F54BD74F3DA5F2CE701E8772B841859D

This is one of ours, and works just fine and the way it's supposed to?

Your 18000000 is quite near the 16.5 MByte/s it is currently pushing
since you must have changed something on Sept 26/27, so I don't really
see the issue. As said before in this thread, the consensus weight is a
unitless unit that is relative to the rest of the network and of no
'external significance'.

If my quick calculation isn't off, 18000000 gives you 42.4TB per
direction, which means your relay will stay below the projected 100TB limit.

How exactly do you determine that you see "too many connections"? Do you
have any errors in the Tor log?

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/