[tor-relays] excessive bandwidth assigned bandwidth-limited exit relay

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:55:19 UTC 2015

> On 1 Oct 2015, at 14:48, Dhalgren Tor <dhalgren.tor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Tim Wilson-Brown - teor
> <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> How did you set this limit? What did you write in your torrc file?

> is now
>
> BandwidthBurst 16500000
> BandwidthRate 16500000
> TokenBucketRefillInterval 10

>>> After three days the assigned bandwidth for the relay is going up
>>> instead of moderating--looks like the measurement system has a problem
>>> in this case.  Just dropped the limit to 16500000 to stay below 100TB
>>> with maximum load.
>>>
>>> A good number appears to be around 65000 to 70000, but 98000 was just assigned.

Since I don’t have your relay fingerprint, I don’t know where you got this figure from.
Is it the consensus weight?
The consensus weight is a unitless figure. It does not represent a number in bytes per second.

Is it the bandwidth used by the relay?
If so, that is a bug.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F