[tor-relays] webiron requesting to block several /24 subnet

Dhalgren Tor dhalgren.tor at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:13:45 UTC 2015

FYI Webiron ceased sending these for my relay sometime between 11/24
and today (no reports for 11/25-27).

Possibly this is because I never look at or resolve the reports and
their system eliminates non-responding addresses to avoid listing by
spam honeypots.

If you wish to continue receiving these I suggest marking them
resolved--at least some of time.  In my case the cessation on this
path is desirable since the ISP has an automated system.

Or possibly Webiron has decided to no longer send reports to the
reverse-DNS abuse@ path, in which case this source of intelligence is
lost.

However one can view the Webiron abuse reporting history for an IP on
their web site using the link https://www.webiron.com/abuse_feed/ and
this would also serve as a way to establish if the abuse-desk has
arrived at the optimal approach to Webiron, i.e. ignoring them.