[tor-relays] Actions required after update?

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:31:50 UTC 2015

> is there any action required for somebody running the relay
> on a pretty bog-standard Ubuntu 12.04 Linux dedi?
> other than sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

There is a new OfflineMasterKey feature you can read about here:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2015-November/008190.html

If you want to enable OfflineMasterKey read before upgrading. Otherwise I'd
say go for it. Don't forget:

    sudo service tor restart

You might see a prompt about a new torrc from the package update. I chose
to keep my existing version. There was no noticeable change once the
service was back up.