[tor-relays] Tor exit node companion

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:20:50 UTC 2015

> On 17 Nov 2015, at 17:07, Eran Sandler <eran at sandler.co.il> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I had a thought about writing a small Tor exit node companion app.
>
> This would be a single executable that does 2 things:
> Serve HTTP port 80 traffic on a specific host name and show the standard Tor web page for exit nodes
Tor already does this for the DirPort. So if a relay has a DirPort 80 configured, it would conflict with the app.
As long as the HTTP port 80 can be turned off, it could be useful.
> Serve port 25 (SMTP) and forwards abuse at mydomain.com <mailto:abuse at mydomain.com> to an address of your choosing
Would serving port 25 also require a MX record in DNS, or do webiron and others send mail direct to the relay regardless of MX records?

> Bonus points would be to make sure the HTTP requests serve the latest version of the Tor disclaimer page (so it will automatically take the latest and periodically check that its the latest). It will then replace the various parts (email of the operator etc).

This would be useful, but please note that the disclaimers vary by jurisdiction and language, so that would need to be configurable.