[tor-relays] webiron requesting to block several /24 subnet

Dhalgren Tor dhalgren.tor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 23:36:02 UTC 2015

>. . .I have to understand how my ISP reacts to this kind of things.

>For the moment I will keep a low profile and I will block the
>mentioned IP range for a month.

Webiron's system sends notifications to both the abusix.org contact
for the IP and to abuse at base-domain.tld for the reverse-DNS name of
the relay IP.  So if you can configure abuse@ for the relay domain to
forward to you, you will see their notices at the same time as the ISP
abuse desk.  Might be helpful to know about it before they contact you
and/or to see if they become familiar enough with the notices to
ignore them.  Automated abuse complaints from other sources do not
always go to the domain-based address.

http://multirbl.valli.org/

is a handy resource that shows the abuseix.org and abuse.net
information, as well as how many DNSBLs the relay has racked up.  You
can change the abuse.net contact but Webiron appears to ignore this
source and simply construct the abuse@ from the rDNS domain name.