[tor-relays] webiron requesting to block several /24 subnet

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:52:09 UTC 2015

> My hosting provider also go these requests. Their terms of service requires
> that I will answer something to acknowledge I got that.
>
> I just answer "ok, I'll handle it" and that's it.
>
> The reverse lookup of my nodes points to a hostname that shows the Tor text.
> The host name is tor4thepeople1.torexitnode.net so I'm quite sure they know
> that.

Same here.

> I don't do anything beyond that and agree with AMuse that they can easily
> handle that without bugging the operators.

I understand this and it would also be my first line of reaction.
However, I am a new exit node operator (my node as been active as an
exit only for 5 and half now) and I have to understand how my ISP
reacts to this kind of things.

For instance, after the report (which clearly says " Automated
Message" on top of it, btw) they have sent me an email *and* called me
on the phone (I just spoke with their customer tech support, they keep
reminding me that everything that happens on that machine is my
responsibility).
They told me that they offer SWIP reassigment at an additional cost
and only if buy dedicated servers and dedicated IP. I will speak with
their commercial help desk to understand the costs.

For the moment I will keep a low profile and I will block the
mentioned IP range for a month.
Then let's see if I can talk to my ISP and get the SWIP reassignment.