[tor-relays] TorFlow

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:19:23 UTC 2015

> On 11 Nov 2015, at 09:44, Kenneth Freeman <kencf0618 at riseup.net> wrote:
>

> On 11/10/2015 04:57 AM, mick wrote:
>
>> Any idea where that concentration of 16 relays South of Ghana in the
>> Gulf of Guinea is? The traffic there seems disproportionate to the size
>> of the location.
>
> What jumped out for me were the 109 relays (!) northeast of Wichita,
> Kansas. At first I assumed Lawrence, it being a college town and all,
> but it's Potwin, estimated population 441.

Any IP to location mapping is imperfect, which is why location-aware secure protocols are hard.

When I looked up the local servers of some big US companies, they were all listed as being on the US west coast, rather than the Australian east coast. That's a pretty big inaccuracy.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F