[tor-relays] VPS/dedi paid with bitcoin for exit node anyone?

Andrew Deason adeason at dson.org
Sun Nov 8 02:31:37 UTC 2015

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 23:14:27 +0000
Monoko Satou <netdiver at sigaint.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for relatively cheap dedicated/VPS servers offers for
> hosting more tor exit nodes that can be paid for using Bitcoin. Minimal
> connection speed I'm interested in is 100mbit. I've seen some offers
> here and there but maybe I'm missing something. I'd like fellow node
> operators to share some insight on the topic.

flokinet.is advertises itself to be tor-friendly, accepts bitcoin, and
claims that you can signup without providing any detailed contact info.
I didn't pay with bitcoin and I didn't try to hide my identity, but the
options appear to be there.

The exit node 'nibbana' (025B66CEBC070FCB0519D206CF0CF4965C20C96E) is
hosted there. Don't assume that node's bandwidth is the max that they
can provide; iirc it's one of their lower-end VPS options and I haven't
spent time optimizing or anything (and it's new). Their VPSes are
supposed to have 100mbps and the dedicated boxes are listed as 1gbps.

My experience has been fine so far with them.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason at dson.org