[tor-relays] amount of unmeasured relays continuously rising since 2 weeks

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon May 18 21:45:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:27:12AM +0300, s7r wrote:
> Hi nusenu,
>
> Again thanks for keeping an eye on things. At least partially, the
> balance of measured/unmeasured should be fixed in the new few days.
>
> To relay operators, in the mean time, please bare for few more days
> and sorry for the inconvenience, I can imagine what it feels like to
> have a high capacity unmeasured relay. Developers already know that a
> new bandwidth measurement system is badly needed, just need to find
> workarounds for the short term until such a system will be ready.

I've even been pondering crazy hacks at this point like exporting moria1's
bwauth file to a second dir auth, so it gets to vote twice and we're more
likely to have the required minimum of three opinions for each relay.

(This is a terrible idea, but we're in the realm of terrible ideas at
this point.)

Another terrible idea, while we're at it, is to disable the active
measurements and go back to self-advertised weights by the relays.

--Roger