[tor-relays] Authdir is rejecting routers in this range

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Wed May 13 03:03:52 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

> On 12 May 2015, at 21:52, Tim Semeijn <noc at babylon.network> wrote:
> In my venture to find more ISPs to house Tor Exit nodes I have
> recently set up a node in Switzerland (Private Layer - 179.43.160.41).
> When running Tor 6 out of 9 Authdirs are rejecting the node:

thanks for running a relay. The IP address is part of a block of
addresses blocked since some time in 2014 due to an active sybil
attack originating there.

> Can anyone shed some light on why this range would be blocked and if
> there is any chance it will get accepted again in the near future?

Please send mail to the bad-relays list to coordinate a possible
lift of the block, especially considering the attacking relays are
most likely gone now.

Cheers
Sebastian