[tor-relays] Port configuration on non-exit relay

aredocilla at gmail.com aredocilla at gmail.com
Wed May 13 00:35:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm running a non-exit on Amazon EC2. I followed the (out-of-date) docs online
(which are no longer online!), which instructed me to open the following
inbound ports in the security policy: 52176, 40872, 22, 443. Obviously 22 is
for SSH, and 443 seems to be the standard choice for ORPort. What are the other
two for? They don't seem to be used; should I disable them?

The other thing is: I've enabled obfsproxy with obfs3 and obfs4 bound to
different ports on 0.0.0.0:
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs3 0.0.0.0:587
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:80

Is that optimal? Presumably also:
- I should add additional lines for listening on [::] on the same ports to
  enable ipv6 obfsproxy connections;
- I should also open these ports in the security policy?

Best wishes,
allicoder

--
PGP key available on request