[tor-relays] T-shirts and Confirming Relay Control

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Sun May 3 22:46:01 UTC 2015

Am 03.05.2015 um 22:49 schrieb Matthew Finkel:
> This requires that
> operators trust us, so letting anyone help take care of these requests
> is not wise.

Maybe I'm unique with this opinion, but usually I trust groups open to helping hands more than those who consider them selfs to be wiser than the average.

> We're a group of security and privacy conscious individuals who want
> a world where everyone has secure and private communications, this isn't
> exactly a good combination which leads to publically discussioning
> everything.

Sounds almost like the advertising from companies which try to sell their closed source software as the most secure thing since the invention of sliced bread.

Of course it's not a good idea to publish the addresses of the t-shirt receivers, neither to email them randomly around the globe, but printing a hundred stickers and placing them on as many bags also isn't something which keeps a group of people busy for months.

my $0.02
Markus